10 months agoAgent of River Plate midfielder Palacios: Real Madrid offer will arrive

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Agent of River Plate midfielder Palacios: Real Madrid offer will arriveby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveThe agent of River Plate midfielder Exequiel Palacios has revealed an offer from Real Madrid is expected.Real remain the leaders in the pursuit of his signature.”The leaders of River got together with Real Madrid in Abu Dhabi,” Renato Corsi, the player’s agent said. “In the coming days there will be a formal offer and the operation is quite advanced.”The family, Exequiel and I want him to go in June and Real Madrid don’t have a problem with him staying at River until then.”A deal could move to the next stage as early as Monday, with talks already being advanced.”Real Madrid want him and supposedly River will sell,” he added. “They agree, so between Monday and Tuesday the formal proposal will be presented.” last_img read more

Read More →

Mountie who said Colten Boushie got what he deserved disciplined on lower

first_imgAPTN NewsThe RCMP member who made racist comments about Colten Boushie online last February has been disciplined on the “lower level” of the force’s disciplinary spectrum says the new Commissioner Brenda Lucki.Lucki spoke to APTN National News in a wide-ranging interview Tuesday that focused on Indigenous people’s mistrust of the federal police force.Lucki wouldn’t name the officer due to privacy issues.She did say it involved some sort of “restorative-type” approach where the member “reconciled with the local Indigenous population in some format.”Lucki also said another Mountie was also disciplined for comments made online that was stationed in a different province.“I am satisfied after given the results of the discipline that both members have been held to account,” said Lucki during the interview. “It’s unfortunate that it happened but I really want to go on notice by saying that those types of comments are completely unacceptable in my organization and I will do my utmost to eradicate such behaviour.”APTN uncovered a number of private Facebook groups for members of the RCMP earlier this year.One involved an officer believed to be from Alberta who posted comments about the death of Colten Boushie.Boushie was killed after he went on a Saskatchewan farm in August 2016 with four friends.It ended with him being shot and killed and the owner of the property, Gerald Stanley, charged with second-degree murder.In February, Stanley was acquitted of all charges.The verdict divided a nation and created a storm of racist comments online.On one side Stanley got away with murder and system is stacked against Indigenous people.While on the other people wrote Boushie should never have been on the property to begin with, alleging he was there to steal from the Stanley farm. That was never confirmed in court, which heard testimony Boushie and his friends were there to get help for a severely damaged tire.Then one RCMP member wrote it was too bad Boushie died but he got what he deserved.The Mountie also had a picture of a large handgun on her Facebook page that said her home was protected by God and guns. If someone came on her property to steal they should be prepared to meet both.Before deleting their Facebook account, the RCMP officer in question had this photo as their cover photo on Facebook.Once APTN published the story the officer closed her account.Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale called the comments at the time “absolutely appalling, and unacceptable” and said, if proven to be true, ” there will be consequences.”But after the interview wrapped up, APTN asked Lucki to clarify her comments, particularly about the privacy of the officer involved.She said the internal investigation never reached the level of a code of conduct hearing, which would be made public.Instead, a code of conduct meeting was held to determine discipline, which keeps it from the public.“A conduct meeting, which is not a conduct hearing, is at the lower level of our internal system (and) is not public record,” she said.It’s not clear who the other member is that was disciplined and Lucki wouldn’t confirm if it involved other comments from members uncovered by APTN Investigates reporter Trina Roache.A slew of comments were made by officers in these private Facebook groups.Her full story can be found here: APTN Investigates: Racism in the [email protected]@aptnnewslast_img read more

Read More →

Sri Lanka resorts face uncertain future after suicide blasts

first_imgColombo: The cancellations started before the dust had settled on the hotels and churches hit by suicide bombers in Sri Lanka as tourists and operators pressed the panic button. Sanath Ukwatte, chairman of the colonial-era Mount Lavinia hotel in Colombo, said he lost about 30 percent of his bookings within days of the Easter Sunday attacks that killed 253 people. Many holidaymakers got the first plane out of Colombo after the blasts — at least 40 foreigners were among the dead — raising fears for a tourism industry that had managed to move on from the shadows of a decades-long civil war. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportThe United States, Britain, Australia, India and Israel have all warned their nationals against visiting, while the Netherlands is organising a special flight to evacuate hundreds of Dutch tourists. On Friday, European travel giant TUI announced it had stopped taking bookings for the South Asian country. And the crisis could get worse before it gets better for the island nation, whose palm-fringed beaches and mountain tea plantations were recently named the best place to visit in 2019 by the Lonely Planet guide. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsSri Lanka’s Finance Minister Mangala Samaraweera had hoped tourism would earn a record 5.0 billion this year, up from 4.4 billion in 2018. He thinks the attacks could now see the country lose up to one third of that. Tourism accounts for about five percent of the economy, with Britain, India and China the main markets. Official figures show tourist arrivals in the first quarter of this year jumped 4.6 percent to 740,600 from 2018. But with armed guards now a fixture in some Colombo hotels and cancellations flooding in after the carnage unleashed by coordinated suicide attacks, Samaraweera must work out a rescue plan for establishments now facing ruin. “We expect a 30 percent drop in arrivals and that means a loss of about 1.5 billion in foreign exchange,” he said on Friday. Ruchir Desai, a senior investment analyst with Asia Frontier Capital in Hong Kong, said the next year will be a tough one for Sri Lanka. “Given the scale of the attack I still think you would see a negative impact on the industry,” Desai said. “It should recover,” he added, “obviously it depends on the steps the government takes to improve stability.” Ukwatte, who is also president of the Hotels Association of Sri Lanka, hopes Sri Lanka can “bounce back”. Sri Lanka’s tourism is heading into its low season, and Ukwatte believes if confidence can be restored by October or November, “then we will be able to revive the industry with European winter travellers.” Finance Minister Samaraweera highlighted how other countries hit by Islamic State-inspired attacks rebuilt their image and convinced tourists to come back. “Typically, countries that suffer isolated IS-style attacks see tourism recovering within one-to-two years, as long as root causes are addressed and security measures taken are well communicated,” the minister said. He pointed to tourist industries in Belgium, France, Spain and Tunisia as countries which had all managed to bounce back after suffering indiscriminate terror attacks. Much will depend on how the government gets its message across, observers said. Canadian adventure tourism promoter Wade Campbell criticised the government’s communications after the attacks, particularly a top defence ministry official — who has since resigned — who said Sri Lankan hotels should have arranged their own security to avoid being hit. Danger is “a perception thing,” said Campbell, who is now looking at redirecting bookings to rival destinations like Nepal. Italians Donatella Papi and her husband Maurizio Fantappie were on a 25-day holiday in eastern Sri Lanka when the bombers struck. “My husband wanted to leave after the bombings, he suggested going to Thailand. But I wasn’t too scared then, I thought it would settle down,” said Papi. “I think Sri Lanka tourism will fall — we are very sad about it. This year is the anniversary of the end of the war — it was supposed to be a celebration,” she said.last_img read more

Read More →

Deschamps Its a young team who are on the top of

first_imgAs France wins the 2018 World Cup, the second time after their 1998 win at their home soil, the coach Didier Deschamps who was a player in their 1998 win has claimed that their loss in the Euro 2016 final was a useful lesson ahead of Les Bleus’ run and eventual triumph at the 2018 World Cup.France beat Croatia 4-2 in Moscow to once again lift the highly competed trophy.“How marvellous! It’s a young team, who are on the top of the world,” Deschamps told reporters at full time quoted in Sports Mole.Euro 2020Report: Euro 2020 qualifying Group H George Patchias – September 11, 2019 Euro 2020 qualifying Group H is being controlled by France and Turkey, but Iceland is still in with a shout.Reigning world champions France ran…“Some are champions at the age of 19.“We did not play a huge game but we showed mental quality. And we scored four goals anyway. They deserved to win. The group worked so hard and we had some tough moments along the way. It hurt so much to lose the Euro two years ago, but it made us learn too.“The win is not about me, it’s the players who won the game. For 55 days, we have done a lot of work. It is the supreme coronation. We are proud to be French, to be Blues. The victory in the match belongs to them. Vive la Republique!”last_img read more

Read More →

Wilfired Zaha returns to Ivory Coast national team

first_imgWith the international break around the corner, the Ivory Coast national team head coach Ibrahim Kamara named his 20-man squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against the Central African Republic.Among the names that draw the utmost attention is the one of Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha. The 25-year-old forward is thus approaching his first international cap since March.Crystal Palace felt free to express their pleasure with Zaha’s new international call-up via their official website.Joel Ward, Crystal PalaceHow Joe Ward thanks his faith for his football Manuel R. Medina – September 13, 2019 Crystal Palace defender, Joel Ward, has thanked his Christian faith for helping him play football professionally and he explains why.After flopping at Manchester United, the tricky winger has managed to revive his career at the Selhurst Park. Zaha featured in 6 Premier League matches this season, scoring three goals and providing one assist in the process.Although Roy Hodgson expects to see more from his attacker, Zaha’s performance hasn’t gone unnoticed back in his home county.The Elephants look to qualify for the final competition that will take place in Cameroon next summer. Kamara’s team managed to bounce back from a surprising 3-2 loss to Guinea by defeating Rwanda on the road by two goals to one.last_img read more

Read More →