Report: LSU RB Tae Provens Arrested On Third-Degree Rape Charge

first_imgA look at one of the end zones at Tiger Stadium.BATON ROUGE, LA – OCTOBER 22: A detail of the logo on the field of the LSU Tigers prior to the the game against the Auburn Tigers at Tiger Stadium on October 22, 2011 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)LSU running back Tae Provens found himself at the heart of a serious criminal allegation on Wednesday.According to NOLA.com, Provens has been arrested on charges of third-degree rape. Per the report, he is being accused of raping a “blacked out” woman at an LSU apartment on Sunday, March 24.The full details behind the alleged incident that led to the arrest are available at NOLA.com.LSU confirmed the arrest on Wednesday via spokesperson Ernie Ballard. He explained that Provens has not been practicing with the team due to his being in the NCAA transfer portal. He further emphasized that the school has no tolerance for sexual violence and that there will be a full investigation once the criminal investigation concludes.“We take any and all allegations like these seriously, and currently, this is a law enforcement investigation. Once the law enforcement component is completed, the Office of Student Advocacy & Accountability and the Title IX office will conduct their investigation as well. Provens entered the NCAA transfer portal on March 21, and since that time, he has not participated in team activities.“At LSU, we’re committed to ending sexual violence and maintaining a community of respect, and an alleged incident like this goes against everything we stand for within our community. Our thoughts go out to the victim in this incident and every resource available through the university is being offered through the LSU CARE Team.”Provens played in only two games last season, allowing him to pick up a redshirt in the process. His only touches consisted of four carries for 13 yards in a win over Rice.He entered the NCAA transfer portal last week, but does not yet have a new team for 2019.last_img read more

Read More →

Wage Exemption for More Income Assistance Clients

first_imgWith changes to wage exemption rules, clients receiving income assistance who are self-employed or who receive tips, gratuities and commissions, will now have more money in their pockets. As of May 1st, people are able to keep more of this income before seeing a reduction in their income assistance payments. “For some people with disabilities, self-employment is the best option for earning income and maintaining independence,” said Brian Aird, Teamwork Cooperative, Self-Employment Services. “This change means that self-employed individuals can keep more money to invest in making their businesses successful.” Wage exemptions were first introduced in the fall of 2018 to allow Employment Support and Income Assistance clients to keep more of their income assistance while working. “I know my strengths and weaknesses and how my disabilities impact them, and self-employment allows me to manage them successfully,” said Sue Chessell, In-Thread-Able Designs. “Traditional employment hasn’t been able to meet my needs, but self-employment allows me to be a contributing member of society and improve my standard of living. This change will help me grow my business.” For information on other measures to support income assistance clients, visit https://novascotia.ca/coms/employment/index.html .last_img read more

Read More →

Prince Moulay Hicham Bouachrines Prosecution Has Political Motivations

Rabat – Moulay Hicham shared a statement on Twitter in which he criticized the sentence given by Casablanca’s Court of Appeal on Friday night. Bouachrine received a sentence of 12 years in prison.“We are deeply saddened about the absence of a fair trial in the case of journalist Taoufik Bouachrine,” the prince said.He added that the lack of a “fair trial “missed an opportunity to establish truth in a judicial case that was mainly intended to protect Moroccan women.” Bouachrine was arrested in February after several women journalists filed complaints against him for “sexual harassment, assault, human trafficking, attempted rape, and  rape.”Prince Moulay Hicham said that the absence of a fair trial in this case and the lack of “testimony [by] national and international human rights organizations, which are known for their credibility, lead automatically to the conclusion that there are national and Arab political motives behind the prosecution of a journalist, who was a nuisance because of his writings.”The prince also questioned press freedom in the country, saying that the target, in this case, is “freedom of expression and independent press.”For  Moulay Hicham, Bouachrine’s case is “a new episode of an ongoing series” wherein we witness the “targeting [of] news outlets and journalists.” He added that some of those journalists who were jailed or exiled include Abou Baker El Jamii, Ali El Merabet, Ali Anzoula, Hamid El Mahdaoui, and others.Moulay Hicham also criticized Morocco’s development model. He said that the recent cases come against the backdrop of the state’s admission that its development model has “failed.” “with the state acknowledgment of its failed development model.” read more

Read More →